
We celebrated Martha Simms' 1st Birthday on Saturday! Simms woke up Saturday morning and Dru and I gave her a toy cake in bed that unzips and has tiny birthday toys in it and we also gave her a card. I read her a letter that I wrote to go in her baby book and then her fun began! Her party started at 12, and she had lots of family show up to help her celebrate! She even had 3 of her great-grandparents here which was extra-special! We had lunch and then did cake and presents. We also watched a wonderful video that my friend made of Simms' first year. It was such an emotional video (or it may have been the songs in the background: Celine Dion's Miracle, Allison Krauss singing Baby Mine, and Third Day's I've Always Loved You). I would love to upload it on here if I can figure out how. I am sorry to say that our sweet girl did not feel good on her birthday! She was having some stomach issues, but I might add that after she went to the bathroom (finally) at 4:30, she was a different baby! All of you moms know what I mean and am talking about! I hated it for her that she felt so badly on her birthday! Our families were extremely generous in the gifts that they gave Simms! She is one lucky little girl! I cannot believe she is 1 now! It truly has been the best year of our life. She has added so much love, joy, happiness and fun to each and every day and we are so thankful to have her as our daughter! I will upload some of the pictures, but hope to have some better ones off of Becca's camera soon. Enjoy (there are quite a few)...






















9 comments:
FIRST - she IS a beautiful girl!!! SECOND - love the halloween jammies, I know a precious little boy who also wore them out this october. THIRD - all the decorations were great! including the zipper cake thing - great idea where did you get it?? FOURTH - love her bday outfit too!! :) Happy First Birthday Simms! Maybe one day Bennett will get to meet you (and me too!)
Simms is BEAUTIFUL!!
`Happy Birthday, Simms! What a very special day. Margaret, you did a great job, everything was beautiful...especially the birthday girl!!!
Isn't it so bittersweet! It is so sweet and fun to watch them grow but so sad that it goes by so fast. I'm glad she had a happy birthday. Sounds like it was the perfect day!
She's so cute!! Looks like you guys had so much fun!
She is just too cute! I love her birthday outfits... she is so stylish! We did have a wondeful shower...now is the waiting game! Hope to see you guys strolling around Auburn at the Georgia game!
She is so sweet! Don't worry about kicking the bottle right away - Stirling STILL gets one before bed. Do it little by little...She's still so small to take it all away!
p.s. who did all of your birthday stuff?
Thanks for the info. girl! Their site is adorable!!!!!
Hey margaret! I'm way behind. Happy late Birthday to Simms. It looks like y'all had so much fun! The decorations are great. I'm in the process of looking for all that stuff right now. Simms is a beautiful girl!
Post a Comment