Monday, May 23, 2011

4 Years of Bennett!


Four years ago this was me staring at the little bundle we immediately began calling, beautiful boy, which turned into BB and now is just B. I hardly left his side. Job? Oh, summer started early for me that year. Husband? I made him come back and forth to the hospital a lot, then Bennett's first night home, we all stayed at Sissy and Drew's. While Sissy was learning, I was practicing. And falling in love with that boy at the same time. For 5 months he was my world too, and then once Simms came along, he was no longer the baby receiving all my attention. But that bond had already been formed. A strong, special bond between me and Bennett. I like to think it is still there. What a special boy he is. So polite, loving, well-mannered and sensitive. Truly, a parent's dream child, and I can say that without feeling braggy, because he isn't my son.
And now, so grown up. Four years later. It is just crazy how fast 4 years have gone by. I consider us big buds!



Bennett had a great party Saturday. I may have mentioned before, but he is lucky enough to grow up on a family farm with tons of horses, miniature horses, fainting goats, exotic birds..really..they could charge admission and I promise people would pay. Not to mention just how beautiful it is out there. Well..he had a fun ole farm party. There were horse rides {big and small}, hay rides, goat chasing, pin the tail & a pinata. Tons of fun! Here is his party in pictures!




























Happy 4th Birthday Little Farmer! We all love you so much!

3 comments:

The Howell's said...

OK, first of all, I'm so jealous of Bennett and fam. I have always dreamed of living on a farm like that! Second, I LOVE the picture of Bennett and Simms in the barn where you just see their silhouettes. Please frame that! :) Looks like an amazing party. You are such a sweet aunt!

The Vaughns said...

Tell Sissy the party looks fabulous!! She did a great job! I have only been around Bennett twice and he was so SWEET and well-behaved for a little boy!! I was so impressed! What a JOY!!

Caroline Armstrong said...

Oh what a fun birthday party and what a fabulous place to have one too!!!!!!