Thursday, June 23, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy


This post's title is pretty accurate..obviously..it has been almost 3 weeks since I've updated! We've done 2 weeks of swim lessons, summer "camp" a few mornings a week for 3 hours at Simms' new preschool, some trips to the lake, celebrated Father's Day, and Simms had her very first dentist appointment today! Happy to report she is cavity FREE and was a dream patient during the exam. She handled it totally differently than I expected her to! I guess I should give her more credit! Let's start with today's appointment and work backwards!


Simms' First Dentist Appointment

Simms' pediatrician has always said do the first appointment between 3 and 4. I know everyone's doctors recommend different ages, but I was putting it off to as close to 3.5 as I could, hoping she would handle it ok. And she did! I was really impressed with her. Besides requesting "Thomas" toothpaste and the hygienist and I conjuring up a quick fib about how it was indeed the same toothpaste we use with her at home, we had no bumps in the road! And I was so, so happy she had no cavities. Her dentist even said that her teeth being super spacey was a wonderful thing, as it usually indicates no braces! Daddy was happy to hear that!








Swimming Lessons


Simms just fin shed up 2 weeks of Level I swim lessons. Naively I thought that she would be swimming when she was done. Like in the deep end. It was really more of teaching her how to go under, float, kick, jump off the side and go under, etc. Level II is where you actually swim in the deep when you are done. Regardless, it was a big step for Simms. She isn't comfortable in the water, so for her to trust these instructors, whom she had never met before, and go under for them, etc. was a big accomplishment. Now don't get me wrong, there were several lessons with tears involved, but she did great, and we are very proud of her! And Dru and I aren't ashamed to admit there was bribery involved! You do what you have to do!









Father's Day


We left immediately after learning swim lessons were cancelled (due to weather) for the lake. The weather was perfect there. The kids and I went into total relax mode while Dru got the grass cut and did his usual responsibilities once we arrive. We had a great weekend celebrating with Dr. Donny, then with Ninnie and great Grandaddy on Sunday. And of course my children enjoyed spending the weekend with the greatest daddy that there is. We continued our tradition of homemade cards for him!




You see where Cope gets his good looks?


Just so you know, my engagement ring, bands and watch were all covered in paint when this was done. I will let you guess what color paint it was and which child did it.
So that is what we've been up to! Busy but having fun! Hope to be back reguarly soon!

1 comment:

Erin said...

what a correct title! i was about to type "sounds like y'all have been very busy" until i realized thats exactly what you said! fun summer activities!