OK..let's go ahead and get it out there that we ran the 5K. Not the half. But let's also get it out there they we are super proud of ourselves for doing this, and of our times. And let me also get it out there that the numbers 13.1 keep repeating themselves to me in my mind. Next year I hope to post on all 5 of us doing the half. That's my new goal. Working up to a 10K is our next step- FYI Parhams. Like I mentioned earlier we made ourselves at home for the weekend in Allen's mom's beautiful condo in Carillon Beach. Absolute heaven. Did I mention no kids? Yes, thanks to the bravery of Mrs. Lil and Dr. Donny, this was an adults-only trip. Relaxing even though we had this insanely early run? Yes it was. And let me also add in there that this was Sissy's first time away from Mae Mae who is 2. So she was ready for a little R & R as well.
When we arrived Saturday morning, Dru was on a mission for fresh oysters. Sissy and Emilie were on board. Allen and I aren't big fans, but oysters it was. Proof?
When we arrived Saturday morning, Dru was on a mission for fresh oysters. Sissy and Emilie were on board. Allen and I aren't big fans, but oysters it was. Proof?

Sorry sweetie, had to post that picture. You are enjoying those nasty creatures too much in that pic not to post it.
After a leisurely dinner at the delicious Old Florida Fish House, we decided we needed to call it a night since we had a 4:15 AM alarm set. We headed out by 5. Dru made an insane rap playlist while we waited as long as we could before braving the cold temps and getting out of the car {insane b/c some of the songs? Wow is all I can say.} It was a good way to laugh away that early hour. We made our way to the starting point. Exciting to see this and to look forward to the band after the race.

Before we knew it the gun had gone off and therefore so did we. It really was a peaceful run. The scenery and excitement of everyone running plus the volunteers on the sides of the road helped too. I stopped running at one point to grab water but my legs truly felt like mush and quickly decided I may just fall down if I quit running so I gave up on my water and threw it down and started back running. Dru finished about a minute ahead of me. He'd already grabbed his Vera Bradley bag and lo and behold we had gotten the same pattern. True love ;)..

Me, Sissy and Emilie..

I will admit when we signed up for this run back in August and they mentioned free BBQ and beer after the race, I was thinking there is no way we'd be wanting that at 8:00 in the morning. Oh how wrong I was. Here is proof of Sissy at oh, about 8:30..


We all cleaned our plates and emptied our cups. Who can turn up free food and drink?

We enjoyed the band and of course the shops then headed back to the condo for a while, then to Grayton for lunch, I mean more oysters, then back to the condo again. We were able to enjoy the beach some before a sand storm attacked us, then we headed back to Seaside for dinner. Then home Monday morning.


We had such a fun time. Lots and lots of out of control laughing. I couldn't imagine a more fun group to do this with!

7 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Great job!!
That was the first half that I've ever run... the PERFECT race! I would love to join you guys next year!! Congrats on getting Dru racing with you!... I can't get Wes to run AT ALL! Enjoyed your pix, they made me jealous! hehe!
Brandon and his best friend did the half last year. I think he had 6-8 weeks to train? His friend called him and said, "Hey! I just signed us up for a half marathon. Get running." I cannot imagine waking up that early to run. I had to wake the kids up just to get there for the finish! But oh the bbq in the morning..... yummy!!! Way to go on running and finishing. I've yet to make it through a 5K and keep telling myself one day I will.
Oh how wonderful! I wanna go!!
Congratulations! Your weekend sounded perfect- jealous. I've mentioned to Jonathan that I want to run my first 5k when the year I turn 30- which is this October. Of course I already informed him it would have to be the Seaside 5k. Hoping I can stick to my plan and start running after Brewer arrives in August.
Way to go!! We did the Seaside Half last year and it was so much fun. If you have a fun group to train with its so much fun and the training isn't bad at all!
i'm not a runner but i sure do love seaside and the area. congrats!!!
Post a Comment