

Well, as this morning approached, I knew I was going to have to make the decision of whether or not to put Simms in the nursery at church. The only time I have really ever left Simms has always been with family, so I get a little hesitant. We have done this once before (the Sunday before last, and things turned out fine) so I was a little bit better prepared this Sunday. The ritual has been for me to give her a quick kiss bye and then scoot off upstairs to the sanctuary while Dru hands Simms off. That is what we did this morning and when Dru met me upstairs he told me she didn't even cry! Last time, she cried for a while and then fell asleep. Today however, she played the entire time we were in church with sweet Ben Taylor (future boyfriend perhaps??) and cried when the nursery worker picked her up to change her diaper and that was the only time! She is just growing up so fast. I am so happy she does well in the nursery. We took her into the service as long as we could but with her being so talkative the nursery is the place for this girl during church! The pictures are from before church this morning. Not very good quality because they were taken with my phone!

4 comments:
She is SUCH a big girl! I didn't put Ella in the nursery at church either until she was too vocal to sit through the service...it is scary (at least for me). She did really well too and LOVES it now. She plays with the kids and apparently is the one who reminds Karen and Trey when it is time for the snack, though she is only in there for one hour.
Are you surprised that she is a talker in church? ;)
Are you surprised that she is a talker in church? ;)
I've never left Sipsey in the nursery either. I guess it's time to grow up and leave her in there. She always falls asleep on my shoulder in "big church", but now my arms feel like they're gonna fall off b/c she's so big! I'm glad Simms has fun even though her mama is sad!
Post a Comment