Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow, Sickness, Valentines, 7 weeks

Can you tell I like to cluster lots of posts together? Its easier that way when you don't have much time to get on the computer!

Our Valentine's weekend was very eventful, and not necessarily in a good way. The Thursday before Valentine's Day was Simms party at school. She was SO excited! The party was adorable, and she came home with such fun crafts that I'll keep forever, including a surprise keepsake for me. It was a love bug with her hand prints for the wings, with the sweetest poem on it. Of course I cried the second she handed it to me. I'm serious, it was SO sweet. She has carried her cards she got from friends at school around with her constantly. She can tell me which friend gave her which card. I am so glad she loves going there. The party snuck up on me, so Simms took Valentine's from the drug store. I would have loved to have done something cute for her class, but oh well. There is always next year and she was excited either way. We layed all of the cards out on the table with her Valentine list, and she was so happy as I called out the names and she chose which card they would get. Here is the only picture I took that morning, and it's with my phone.


Later that night, at our Dave Ramsey class, (which is great by the way, except Dru has taken away all of my unnecessary spending, which I didn't know there was such a thing ;-)) I began feeling sick. We picked Simms and Cope up from my parents, and as soon as we got home, I went on to bed. I woke up around 3 to that nice stomach virus I've been hearing so much about. Lovely. Dru really stepped up during the night. Cope usually nurses around 3:30 or 4, and I didn't want to risk him getting sick (failed attempt) so Dru had to make and give a bottle, then turn right around and get up for work. My mom came up when Dru left and stayed until around lunch when Dru came back home to take care of me. Long story short, I was better by Friday afternoon. Dru, Cope, my mom and dad all ended up with it by Monday. Let me tell you, it's scary when a 7 week old has a virus! Dru, who never misses work, missed 2 days! The virus revisited me on Monday. There was no one to call since my parents were sick; it was just BAD! During those few days, we received about 5 inches of snow and celebrated Valentine's Day. Dru was so sweet and had Simms a rose on Sunday morning. Sweet, sweet Daddy. He loves his little girl SO much. Here are some pictures of the snow and our days stuck inside.
We had 795 tea parties while we were quarantined.




And here is our sweet 7 week old, (8 weeks tomorrow!). He is the SWEETEST, most laid back baby. Oh how we love him! It just seems like he has always been a part of our family! And he looks just like his daddy, which makes my heart smile! We look forward to introducing him to Dru's Florida family in a few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, we all caught the lovely stomach virus last week. It went from Anne Katherine, me, Jonathan, my mother, and now his grandmother. I can't imagine a seven week old having it though, I'm so glad you all are feeling better!!

The Howell's said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! I am glad you are all feeling better now though.

Denise said...

That sounds awful. We got the virus the day after Valentine's day too but thankfully just Shay and I had it. I was so glad the girls were spared although they were totally neglected that day. Fun snow...sweet pictures.