Friday, July 30, 2010

Letters to my two {7 months & 33 months}

Dear Cope,
You are 7 months old today!

You have 2 teeth that are fully in on the bottom. You are sitting unassisted for a little while, then you topple over! You are eating a variety of baby foods. Here is the one that makes mama sad-you officially nursed for the last time the night of July 20. You were ready. I was not. You laugh all of the time. Everyone always comments on your smile and your size. And your beautiful blue eyes.

Teething threw your sleeping off for a while. That's scary for me, because we still have a lot more teeth to go! I left you in your boppy seat (the pink seat) a few mornings ago and ran outside to throw something away. When I got back inside, you were out of the seat, and half way across the room. You also had a nice red spot on your head. Did I feel like a bad mama? Yes, I'd say so. You were still just a smilin' though when I picked you up. You went to the doctor for your 6 month checkup and you went another time for the croup and an ear infection. Sweet boy, you never cried once to let us know your ear hurt. And the doctor said it was pretty infected. We just took you in for your cough and discovered your ear too.

You weigh 20 pounds! No need for me to lift weights..I get a major workout daily with you. When you are in your car seat, oh my word. I tend to get flustered getting it in and out of my car. I have to stand on the running boards(?) and lift you out. In this lovely 100 degree heat! I've started just leaving the seat in and getting you out.

I was at the hospital today holding sweet 2 day old Marion MaDan. I looked over at you so big in your stroller and thought to myself how fast 7 months have gone by. It seems like just yesterday that I was the one in the hospital bed soaking in the newness of you. Thank you, sweet boy for making the past 7 months so much fun for us! I love you!
Love, Mama

Dear Simms,

You will be 33 months tomorrow! We are getting close to your 3rd birthday. You have kept us busy, busy this summer. We are literally non-stop from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed (which is always late). Most days I get lucky and you decide you need a little break and will nap for about an hour and a half. You and I were away from each other for 5 days while daddy was in El Salvador. You were such a big girl. Mama never was good about going away from home for even one night. I was so proud of you, but missed you more than you know! You are growing up so fast right before our eyes. Your vocabulary amazes me. You love to talk and to read. You love getting your book in the mail each month. You always ask if you got an envelope in the mailbox. I realized the other day when we were waiting in the customer lounge at the Toyota place that you have reached the stage of saying whatever, wherever. I was looking at People magazine, and you saw a girl in a bikini, and yelled, "look at that booby holder mama." Mortified, yes! Biting my lip as not to laugh, yes! Looking down so I didn't meet eyes with all of the men around, yes! We love you. You are full of life, energy, jokes and funny faces. You are precious to us! How much fun you are at this stage-always something new you are discovering and we love being your parents and watching it happen! I only wish you'd stay still and let me take your picture. I don't blame you. Daddy runs when he sees me with the camera too! That explains why there is only 1 picture of you. I love you!
Love, Mama

No comments: