Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Halloween Party, The Pumpkin Patch and Turning 3

We had a very, very busy weekend! We attended the Kirk's annual Halloween Party Saturday. No need to get confused..Dru wasn't with us. I wouldn't DARE make him miss the Auburn/LSU game to come with us to a family party! JUST KIDDING! I lovingly told him to go..we understood..so he left Friday for Auburn {and what a game}! I mention all of that so that you'll understand why I have hardly any pictures from the fun party! It's hard keeping up with 2 without Daddy! And my parents were even there! I got no pictures of the hay ride, which was so much fun {even if it was during the last 5 minutes of the game. I was one of the few parents that had to go on the ride. The rest of them were cheering on Auburn back at the house. Simms wouldn't hear of me not going though.} We saw horses, miniature horses, fainting goats, exotic birds. Sissy and Drew are very blessed to live on a gorgeous farm, with lots to do and lots to see! There were lots of cute kiddos there, but I won't plaster other's children on the internet.


Our precious cheerleader



Simms was so excited about the "bouncey bouncey"


Of course there is lots of tractor ridin' at the farm! Simms could do this all day long.

Sunday we headed to the Pumpkin Patch after church. This was a local church's patch, and not the one we've gone to the past few years. However, it sure was nice not paying that astronomical admission fee at the other one and being right down the road, and Simms and Cope had just as much fun! All she wanted was a pumpkin anyway, and a pumpkin we got! She and Daddy will do their annual carve tomorrow night. I'm planning on roasting the seeds this year, because Simms' preschool class did that today, and her teachers said she loved them! Odd little girl- she wouldn't eat the cinnamon roasted ones, only the garlic and butter! She's so funny!









And speaking of our little girl...in less than a week she will be turning 3. Am I the only one that gets knots in their stomach when thinking of how fast our children grow up? {I hope not. If so, just pretend I'm not}. I seriously cannot believe she is turing 3! She is having a small party at preschool, then her birthday party is going to be at the bus before the next home Auburn game. Here is a sneak peek at the always incredible work of Robin from Gaddie and Tood. When I discovered G&T before Simms' first birthday, I told Robin I felt like I'd won the lottery. I was so, so excited to have found "different" birthday invitations, hats, etc. Now I use her for everything! Didn't she do a great job recreating a little Simms?


6 comments:

The Howell's said...

The hayride and everything sounds so fun! And I LOVE LOVE the invitations and other party stuff! :)

Lauren said...

I am SO SAD about Sipsey turning three in 2 months! That just got me thinking---I need to start planning. I hope y'all have a fabulous party for Simms. I am not looking forward to working around everyone's Christmas schedules to have a party for Sipsey!

Robin said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog! Simms and Cope are ADORABLE!! I can't believe Simms will be 3, it seems like not long ago I was looking at baby pics on your blog! I also LOVE Gaddie and Tood. I had her make these cute little cards with a poem on them that I gave mine and Thomas' parents when we told them we were expecting. She is amazing!

Jessica said...

Thank you for your sweet comments!! I replied on my blog too, but just wanted to say how much I LOVE Simm's party supplies. Robin did Baylor's invites and a couple other things for his Birthday Party coming up!! She's great!!

Erin said...

i can't wait to see pictures from Simm's birthday party! Those invites & things are SOOOO CUTE!!!!

Sally Williams said...

So Precious Margaret!! Love it!!