
Pictures taken at the Auburn game yesterday! Cope's very first one (not counting A-Day!)He loved it! Simms did well too. She hasn't been in a game in 2 years!
Dear Cope,

Happy 9 months, bubby! 9 things about you at 9 months:
1) You are a crawler now!! And loving every second of the freedom that it brings!
2)You have 3 teeth on the bottom and 1 on top with another one on top pushing through.

3) You are STRONG. Changing diapers, changing clothes, bathing you, is like wrestling a bear. I'm not joking. Your sister always just laid there till I was done. You are the opposite. You are usually halfway across the bed or floor before I can get a new diaper on you. It leaves me breathless for sure!
4) You are still amazingly calm and subdued, but there is a little fiestiness that's starting to come out in you. The first time I saw it I thought, "aaahhh. He is MY child." That is not necessarily always a good thing sweet boy ;-).

5) You wear mainly 18-24 month clothes, and size 4 diapers. I love every squishy part of you!
6) You have several new tricks. You will give me open mouth kisses and will even make your version of the "mwah" sound. You clap now too.

7) You nap twice a day still. The afternoon nap is an easy one for you to go down for. The morning one, not so much. I lay you down awake, and in the mornings I hear you on the monitor and always find you trying to get out of your crib-completely pulled up on the side and smiling at me. Mama works hard to get this nap in though, and you usually throw in the towel and just agree to sleep. I am thankful for that.
8) You will eat any baby food we feed you. I mean, obviously!

9) I am completely enamored by you. I love you so, so much. These 9 months with you have brought us to such a sweet place of love and completeness. We've certainly had some rough patches, and usually have a few crazy moments each day, but you my sweet boy are worth anything and everything!
Love,
Mama
Dear Simms,

You are almost 3!! You are telling everyone 9 though. Time to stop referring to you in months I guess. Sad. You are so excited about your party at preschool and your party at the bus in Auburn!

3 years have gone by very fast. Too fast. Faster than any period in my life. Literally I feel like I blinked the day you were born and here we are now. There have been good, bad and ugly moments. You've cried, I've cried, we always laugh, we always pretend, and I always love you more and more.

I'm so grateful to have a daughter, and so thankful that YOU are my little girl. Thankful to find my shoes scattered all over the house, as well as my clothes, because of your love for dress up. Thankful for all of the little messes that you make. I know I have my hands full with you, but that's OK. You make it worth it!

Lately you and I have such special time together in the afternoons while Cope naps. He usually naps for 2 hours which I try to devote entirely to you now. I had been having this nagging feeling that I needed to be more attentive to just you, apart from Cope, and I'm so thankful we have these afternoons!

I love you sweet, sassy Simms! More than you will ever, ever know.
Love,
Mama

1 comment:
Cope's eyes are GROGEOUS!!!!! & i LOVE their auburn outfits.
Post a Comment