Monday, September 12, 2011

Grandparents Day & The Game

Grandparents Day
Starting with Simms' preschool program today...it was in honor of Grandparents Day, and so precious. From the centerpieces at our family's table, to the adorable songs they sang, I am so happy Simms is a part of this preschool. Not just for the cute programs, but also for what she is already doing academically. She is already working on sight words, has learned the pledge and basically her preschool has already far exceeded my expectations! The program was this morning and Simms was so happy Minnie and Ninnie were there, and even though she was missing Gigi and Papa, she had a great time at the game with them this weekend!


cute tents set up in front and out back with adorable centerpieces and delicious food



singing a cute song



saying the blessing..I spy open eyes



I love this pictures..not only are Simms and Lanier's mamas old friends, but so are their grandaddies..I even heard them referring to each other by their old nicknames..one of the reasons I love raising Simms here..never thought I'd say it, but now that we have kids, I love raising them in the small town where I was raised



Cope had a fun time himself on the playground



Adorable keepsake centerpiece wiht Simms' name painted on the base. Simms put it here, lining it up so meticulously just like her Daddy. I love it, but I love the bowl too and we all know what Cope would do to both of them, so it has been moved. :)
I hate that I didn't get a picture of Simms with Minnie and Ninnie, but it was a little chaotic keeping up with Cope and giving Simms attention too..



The Game
We had a lot of fun in Auburn Saturday and are so thankful for that win! It was a long day tailgating. Fun but long. Becca and I kept 4 kiddos 4 and under at the bus during the game, and energized doesn't even come close to describing that foursome! They had so much fun together. From Tiger Walk, to tailgating, to the BIG WIN, and then walking to Toomer's Corner {well Dru walked Simms, Cope and Adeline..by himself..with no stroller..I happily let them go while I stayed at the bus :)} we were so glad we went!



Charlie, Lilla and Simms at Tiger Walk



Cope enjoying Tiger Walk..I guess



A rare photo opportunity



Cope loved Mr. Bucky's hat, but it obviously didn't fit him..so..



Papa got him his own from the bookstore



Fun memories being made with Simms, Adeline and Lilla..and



with Merrill



Getting pumped up before the game



And celebrating the win after



These 3 even rolled Dru



And I can't imagine what was going through his head, as he attempts this kind of behavior at home on a daily basis!
WAR EAGLE!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so precious!! Cope and Sam remind me so much of each other...i think it is those blonde curls! Who would have thought two brunettes like us would have curly blonde boys!

The Howell's said...

somehow I missed reading this, I guess b/c I was at my parents house Sunday/Monday so I didn't catch up. SO cute! We are planning on taking both kids next weekend to the FAU game, will any of you be at the bus? We'd love to stop by!!

Caroline Armstrong said...

SO cute and Waaar Eagle!!!!!! I have to live vicariously through you and Jennifer for my Auburn football team!!!