Sunday, January 15, 2012

Goodwin Animal Hospital and Pet Resort

Dru's dad, aka Papa to my kids, or Dr. Donny to me, has expanded his veterinarian practice by opening a new office on Chantilly Parkway in Pike Road. He still has his practice on Atlanta Highway in Montgomery but the new office is a pet resort in addition to a vet practice. And let me tell you...It Is Unbelievably Nice!! So nice in fact, that I told Dru I may go and check myself in on a Friday and come home on Sunday :). It is also a state of the art office when it comes to the technology and equipment there. The new practice offers surgery, orthopedic surgery, ultrasound, laser therapy, endoscopy, internal medicine, oncology, dentistry, physical therapy, preventive medicine, day care, luxury boarding and regular boarding. Dr. Donny is such a knowledgeable and compassionate veterinarian, but he is also a kind and caring person, and I think that is what makes him such a good vet! The best vet if you ask us! So definitely head his way if you are looking for a vet, and if you have to board a pet, I can promise you this is where you'd want your pet to be! Here are some pictures of when we took all 4 grand kids to see the new office!





Papa with his 3 grandaughters and 1 grandson in front of the aquarium, Simms' favorite part of the new office!




Gigi and Papa with Simms, Emiline, Lilla and Cope

Some pictures from inside..I wish I knew what everything was and I'd explain a little more, but here are pics nonetheless..








Love the orange and blue






Pictures of the Resort area..cute little "houses" for your pet surrounding a pool! Each house even has a flat screen TV! Pets will feel very pampered here!







You can even request the "Auburn Suite"




or gasp...an Alabama one {that shows what a good man the Doc is. As much of an Auburn man as he is, I know this was hard!}





Looking at the fish




Happy to have fed the fish

And here are some pictures from around our house lately..




He looks so big now that he is 2!




He loves playing with this game that Simms got from Santa




And he loves getting his very own milkshakes now too!




And she loves playing "deer hunting" because she's been two times this year. She talks in a whisper when playing. It's pretty funny.




One day we were so tired of cold, rainy weather that we set up the kid's bouncey that they got for Christmas from Gigi and Papa in the playroom. It took up the entire room almost but it was worth it!

4 comments:

The Howell's said...

Let me know when you check in to the "resort" and I'll go with you! That looks amazing!!!! And Cope is to die for in his carhart overalls and boots! Love Simms with the gun, and I also love that the bouncy house is in the house! We want to come play!! :)

Jessica said...

The new resort is so nice! I love that you also blow up the bounce house in the living room like us. Takes up all the space, but it's so much fun!

Caroline Armstrong said...

Wow! Kyle and I rode by it over Thanksgiving but obviously did not get to go in...but that looks amazing!

And i also LOVE the picture of Simms and the gun (though Kyle loves hunting i am not much of a fan and could easily be a vegetarian the rest of my life, I still think that is so cute!)

And LOVE the fact you put the bouncy house inside! You gotta do what you gotta do in the winter!

The Allgood Family said...

So glad cope loves is overalls! Love the picture of Cope and Lilla looking at the fish!