Our sweet boy turned 2 on December 30! I just can't believe it has been two years since he was born! He has been a true blessing in our lives. He is loved by so many. I had always desired to have a son, a baby boy, and he has filled that desire beyond measure. My first few weeks with him were clouded with postpartum depression. A dark cloud that I never expected or saw coming and that I still wish never came, but it did and he loved me and needed me through it all. He depended on me through all of that, the way he still needs, loves, and depends on me {and his Daddy} now. He is a gift. A joy. A boy with a temper, oh that temper. He is slowly talking more and continuing to be the pickiest eater I've ever seen. I treasure him, love him more than I could ever explain, and thank the Lord for him continuously. I still get excited thinking about life with a little boy. Happy Birthday, Copeland Evans Goodwin!
Birthday Morning..a pancake, balloons, singing and presents with our little family!
Birthday Morning..a pancake, balloons, singing and presents with our little family!





Later that evening we had a small family party..dinner, cake, ice cream, presents, a bon fire for the older gentlemen..a great party! Cope was so loved on and had so much fun being the center of attention. That is a role that is hard to come by for him, with Simms in the house and all. You know how girls are!











Our little boy was given lots of gifts. And guess what? They all suited him so well! Dru and I were saying it seemed like over night he went from our little toddler to a little boy who loves trucks, matchbox cars and trains. He was so lucky too to have so many family members celebrate with him. From all four grandparents, to his 2 great-grandmothers and 1 great-grandfather, aunts, uncles and cousins. He is one blessed little boy. Thank you all for loving him and being a part of his life! And now looking back..
December 30, 2009
We loved you from the very first day we knew about you Cope, but nothing could prepare us for the day we met you..
A whole year with you. It was a sweet and special year.
Two years! We've started seeing more of your personality and your heart, and we love you so much! It became a little more obvious to me during this last year that two kids isn't easy, especially when they both want you to themselves at the same time, but we've made it through another year, and we are thankful for this second year of your life!

And I have become very aware, after this post, that my cell phone camera isn't going to cut it much longer..


5 comments:
Happy Birthday Cope! You are growing up so fast and look like such a big boy! You're too cute! It sounds like you had a great time with your family and friends at your party!
Happy birthday to Cope! I love his sleepy head in those pictures! What an angel.
Happy birthday cope. He is really starting to look like a little boy, Im amazed at how quickly that baby look can vanish on their birthday, I swear they don't change all year and then on their birthday they wake up looking older. Okay maybe a little dramatic and exaggerated. :) sweet boy. You are such a good mommy blogger. Hope you are having these bound for your children to have forever. Thanks for your sweet comment.
Just now seeing this post. Happy Belated Birthday, Cope!! He looks so much like a toddler now. Such a handsome little man!
What a great party! Happy Birthday to Cope! You have a beautiful family, thanks for saying "hi" on my blog!
Post a Comment