Sunday, July 21, 2013

Frances Clarke's arrival~June 20, 2013

Well here we are 1 month and 1 day since Clarke joined our family. June 20th was such a wonderful day and I'd relive it a million times if I could. It was full of sheer happiness, excitement, thankfulness. Dru and I left around 5 AM for the hospital (after results from my amnio 2 days before indicated Clarke's lungs were mature). I was 37 weeks and 3 days. We prayed for Clarke's protection and a healthy delivery before we got out of the car, and then I was basically sprinting into the hospital.
My cesection went smoothly and before I knew it, I was hearing the most beautiful sound..Clarke's sweet cry. I immeditely had tears running down my face. I was just so relieved she was here.


I could not wait to see our precious miracle for the first time. After they weighed her and cleaned her up, they told me she was 5lbs15oz, 18 inches long, had Apgars of 9 & 9, her blood sugar was perfect and so was her hemoglobin. So many answered prayers revealed right there in a matter of seconds. I cried again and then Dru brought our beautiful daughter over for me to see. The past 9 weeks we'd endured together, Clarke and I, just seemed so distant in that moment. Once I saw her face and saw that she was here and healthy, more tears.

Dru was able to wheel her out to see her big sister and big brother, her grandparents and Aunt Sissy while I was still in surgery. Simms and Cope were so excited. They have patiently waited on their little sister!
They brought her to me as soon as I was taken into recovery and let me start nursing her, which I was so grateful for. I cannot even explain how wonderful it felt to have her in my arms.
I was in my own room within the hour and I couldn't wait to see Simms and Cope and let them really meet Clarke..

We were very thankful all of Clarke's grandparents were able to be there the day she was born also..
Aunt Sissy was there too. Here she is kidding with Simms that she was going to take Clarke home with her..

Our days in the hospital were wonderful. We soaked up every minute with our new baby. We had lots of visitors which we enjoyed too!

We were so thrilled two days after Clarke was born to be able to leave the hospital and bring our precious baby girl home to join her sister and brother!

2 comments:

LB said...

yay for a healthy baby!!!! so precious! I can't believe how tiny you were at 37 weeks--I'm jealous ;) so glad it's been a smooth transition

LB said...

Margaret, it is looking like I am going to have a C-section due to the size of the baby. I would love to hear about your C-section experience--what the recovery was like, etc. etc. I am sure you weren't even thinking about the C-section b/c you were thinking about the health of Clarke, but any details that you do remember, could you pass along? My email is lbrmoore@gmail.com.