Our sweet girl Simms isn't feeling well! She woke up warm and stuffy on Sunday, and it continued getting worse throughout the day yesterday. Last night, her temp was around 102.5! I, being the worrier that I am, was terrified! Of course I called the doctor this morning, and by then her temp was around 100.7. They fit her in around lunch and she wasn't acting like herself at all. I had never seen her like this, because Simms has NEVER been sick before. She has had sniffles, but this was her FIRST fever and FIRST real illness. We have never had an earache, stomach virus, not even an upset stomach! Her biggest hurdle thus far was baby acne when she was 4 weeks old. Until today. The sweet little girl (and let me clarify SWEET..she was so adorable yet pitiful all day) has her 1st ear infection. Of course, to make it almost 14.5 months without an ear infection when they are so common is great, but I sure hate it for her that she is sick. We have gotten 2 rounds of antibiotics in her, and she seems to be turning the corner! We hope she is better before we leave for Florida on Wednesday. We are going to visit Dru's family that lives near Orlando. The doctor said she should be feeling better in another day or so! She wasn't really in the mood to have her picture taken, so I dug in the archives and found this one. One of my favorites. It is Simms' birth announcement picture, and was taken the day she turned 1 month old. Brings tears to my eyes!
Picture taken by Kim Foster of The Studio, www.thestudiobykimfoster.com

5 comments:
Aw, poor Simms, I remember Dru having ear problems when we were little. Hopefully she will get to feeling better soon. Have fun in Clermont!! I know they are so excited to have ya'll come down. Oh, and thanks for the clothes advice!
We're sorry you don't feel well Simms. Feel better soon!! Hang in there, Margaret...it's hard on the mamas too!
I know how you feel with that ear stuff....Ear infections are no fun. Mary Selwyn thankfully has only had one in all her 18 months too. It is good that you went ahead and took her to the doctor so she will be in better shape for your trip. Have fun and be safe. Love the picture.
hope she is doing better. I wouldn't be able to stand her not feeling well either. hope ya'll have a great trip!
Y'all are doing great to not have an ear infection until now! Sipsey lasted until 10 or 11 months, but then it seemed like the ear infection would never go away! We just needed a really strong antibiotic. Keep an eye on that sweet girl! I hope she doesn't have one again!
Post a Comment