Visit with Santa
We took Simms and Bennett to see Santa at Callaway Gardens the Sunday before Christmas. They weren't too sure about the jolly ole' elf! It was very cold and we opted out of Fantasy in Lights until they are older but the Christmas Village was warm and lots of fun!




Christmas Eve
We attended the candlelight Christmas Eve service at church and then headed to Meme and Grandaddy's. (Meme is my grandmother, and one of the Martha's that Simms is named after). I have spent every Christmas Eve of my life (26 of them) at their house and they are all WONDERFUL. Many of my best childhood memories include Christmas Eve's there. Simms had a blast too!

Carrying on the tradition of wearing her pajamas over to Meme's!


Christmas Day
Simms woke up about 8:30 on Christmas morning. I couldn't wait! It was so much fun leading her into our den to see what Santa brought! We lounged around all morning, went to my grandmothers for lunch, and then spent Christmas night at Minnie and Grandanny's house. We left the next day for Montgomery for the rest of the weekend. It was a wonderful Christmas!
Looks like Santa came..he filled our stocking and ate his cookies!



Our best gift, ever...


Cooking away..

At Minnie and Grandanny's..

Can we open toys yet?



Thank you, Bennett for my Elmo!
And 14 months today...
Seriously? So hard to believe! Now that Simms walks all the time and talks constantly she seems like such a miniature person and not so much a baby anymore! Each day with her is a gift and she is at such a fun stage! Still a no-go on the sippy cup, although, with Dru being off work tomorrow, I think I might initiate a Sippy Cup Boot Camp. It will be nice to have the extra support around! He may wish he were at work. Hee Hee!
Simms is no longer "snacking" during the night, which is HUGE for us, so some progress is being made. She still prefers baby food to real food, which is ok for now according to her doctor. She is starting to become more curious about food, so hopefully we'll be eating real food soon!
I enjoy my days with her so much, and I am so blessed that I am able to be at home with her! I try to thank Dru daily for allowing me to quit teaching! She grows and changes so fast! Once again, I will say how lucky we are that she is our little girl. We love her more than anything and that love grows each day!

6 comments:
Merry Chirstmas...Simms looks adorable! I love all the pretty dresses she wears! Hope ya'll have a great 2009!
I LOVE Simms pjs. They are adorable! And I can't get over the fact that she slept until 8:30 on Christmas morning......that is crazy to me....however I have an 18month old that still doesn't sleep through the night 90% of the time.
Hi! I am so happy to be a "blogger" now. I have been looking at your blog for months now and Kyle and I think Simms is just the CUTEST little girl!!!! I hope we stay in touch more now!
hope to see y'all at the lake soon!
caroline
I love the kitchen! Do y'all have a playroom or does it go in Simms' room? Our house is so small, i don't know where I'd put something like that! And Bennett and Simms are SO cute together. I bet they have lots of fun. The Santa pics are priceless.
Such cute pictures. Simms has changed so much, what a big girl!! She's breath taking.
I think so!! You are so sweet! But Simms is the most beautiful baby GIRL I have ever seen... she just makes me smile each time I look at her pics!
Post a Comment