Thursday, September 3, 2009

A little girl and her shoes...


A few months ago we started noticing that Simms turned her right foot in a little when she walked. I thought nothing of it because all of Dru's family says her feet are JUST like his, and he isn't pigeon-toed (is that the word?) Anyway, my parents were getting down right persistent that I ask her to the pediatrician about it and brought it up constantly. I'll admit I'd started getting fearful that since Simms is almost 2 she'd have to have leg braces or something. I know I'm dramatic, but I was thinking Forrest Gump. If she had needed that, it would have been perfectly fine, but I would feel so guilty for waiting so long to fix the problem. Thankfully, our pediatrician said that all she needed at this point was a shoe with a good arch, and to keep her in them all day. My options: tennis shoes like KSWISS or Nike, or these Stride Rites that I got her. Not that there is anything wrong with the other shoes, but they just don't look like my baby girl! We got the shoes today, and I really played them up to her. Bennett even said, "I love your new shoes Simms," so she was very excited about them and has been playing in them all afternoon. They actually remind me of the shoes we wore as children, except I think ours were wooden on the bottom. Sweet Simms also had her flu shot today, so it's been a full day for sure! Hope her leg doesn't hurt as bad as my arm did after I got mine!





Another exciting thing that happened this week..I got these:

I have been wanting shutters on these windows forever! When we moved into our house, the entire downstairs already had plantation shutters, except these windows. Well, I always felt someone could see into our house, which you could, if you went and looked in these windows. Rewind a few weeks when a man was ON OUR DOORSTEP at 2:00 AM ringing our doorbell. I won't go into all of that, but I had to get these windows covered. Dru laughs and says I like to "hole" up at night anyway, so it only made sense. Sissy's mother-in-law has a wonderful shutter business and did our entire upstairs for free for a wedding present a few years ago. Well I called her again and she had these in her shop and GAVE them to us, and installed them. Her shutters are great quality, and you can tell the difference in hers and the ones that were already here. Hers are much sturdier. So if you are in the market, let me know. They travel all around! Thanks Babysister (that's her nickname by the way)!

3 comments:

The Howell's said...

She is such a big girl!! I hope we get to see you in Auburn this weekend, if not this weekend certainly at one of the games in the near future!

Abby Euten said...

Love your shutters! I like to "hole" up at night too! Ha ha. Simms' shoes are precious and she looks adorable in them!

Denise said...

Love the shoes. MSN won't go without them and I love a barefoot baby at church...oh well. I kinda want to hear the 2 a.m. story...you might need to email me ha ha.