Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our Wednesday Night and Our Weekend

We spent tonight at our church, preparing for the upcoming Advent season. I am so glad that we have made this a tradition of ours- going as a family to the service, then making our Advent wreath and Christmas cards for the shut-ins. It is so important for Simms to know the real reason for the season, and we need to hear that message too! It was also special that she and Cope were able to be there tonight along with their grandparents and great-grandparents! Simms was surprisingly well behaved in the service, then worked very hard on making her wreath and rolling her candles. She had a lot of fun, and so did we!




Simms with one of her favorite friends {and one of my favorite too}-Keaton

Getting assistance from Daddy

Her finished Advent wreath


Making Christmas cards for our church's shut-ins

And here are some of the only pictures that I took from the Auburn/UGA game. WHAT A GAME by the way! I really don't think I can express my joy over beating Georgia! It was a GREAT weekend! War Eagle! Now we are looking forward to a weekend at home finally, before hitting the road again for Thanksgiving in Mississippi!



This sweet boy is battling his 3rd ear infection in 4 months {Simms has had ONE. At 13 months.} Well, he was a trooper anyway. Runny nose and all.

Then her nose got runny. So I decided to give her some of Cope's congestion medicine. Knocked.Her.Out. She was a zombie most of the day. It doesn't affect Cope like that-weird-but I guess it's true that everyone handles meds differently. Here she is barely with it after opening a birthday present from Adeline and Max. I had to force her to speak and say "thank you." After a nap she woke up fine!

No comments: