Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving in Mississippi

We had a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving in Columbus, Mississippi at Becca and Grover's beautiful new house! There was lots of playing, eating, and socializing! We left Wednesday evening and came back Saturday. The ride there wasn't bad at all, but the ride back took forever, and Cope cried almost 90% of the time {tummy issues}. I am so glad we were able to go, although I am still getting our house back in order and laundry done and put away! It takes alot to pack for a family of 4! Here are the pictures from our trip!

Thanksgiving Day

Started out early with playtime outside in the bouncey. The weather was perfect.


My two little turkeys {and yes, one little turkey had to be caged alot. He's into EVERYTHING}



Simms and Lilla had lots of tea parties. Lilla was a VERY good sport with all of the chaos that my 2 brought into her house!


Becca and Grover were wonderful hosts! The table was beautiful and the turkey was delicious {not to mention all of the other food that we ate, and ate, and ate...}



The cousins bounced and bounced all afternoon




It wore them out {please notice the milk running out of Cope's mouth}



GameDay/Iron Bowl 2010 {WAR EAGLE!}

Apparently it had us all crazy with nervousness and excitement. This is how I found my son when I woke up {I think his Uncle Gee did it}


Simms was SO excited Charlie and Anna Crawford were coming to the Allgoods to watch the game. She will randomly just start talking about "Charlie in Mississippi" and sometimes calls her baby doll Anna Crawford, so she was thrilled to really see them.



Since the weather changed so drastically, the bouncey was moved inside. That made these kiddos HAPPY {and allowed us to watch the game in peace-somewhat}


Enjoying a snack and then hot chocolate on the porch



I let Simms play outside all afternoon yesterday, even though it was cold. She had so much energy to burn. She helped Daddy rake pinestraw and decorate the outside of our house for Christmas. She loved it!



This sweet little boy had to stay inside. He's battling another ear infection, and you guessed it, more than likely about to get tubes. Breaks my heart.


And our elf made his apperance this morning. Hoping to have the tree this week too!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

The picture of Cope in a dress is priceless! Glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving! I should definitely invest in one of those bouncy things!

Denise said...

The bouncy thing being moved inside is hilarious...it filled that whole room.. great idea. Our elf is here too but I haven't taken any pictures of him yet. Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving and War Eagle!

Anonymous said...

Margaret, I just want to SQUEEZE Cope......he is just precious!! Glad ya'll had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Erin said...

that bounce house is AMAZING! glad yall had a great thanksgiving & WAR EAGLE!