Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More December Happenings

Before I start this post, I'd like to ask for prayers for a sweet family here, the Hinsons. Alicia is Simms' preschool director, and she is the director of the children's ministry at our church. She and her husband Marlowe have 3 children, and their middle child, son Ty, is hospitalized at Scottish Rite with MRSA, which is very serious. He is on the ventilator, and has a long road ahead of him. Dru was able to stop by there today and visit with Alicia and Marlowe. They all have hearts of gold, and I know they would really appreciate your prayers. Thanks so much!

We have been busy, busy elves around here! Simms started her 3 week break from preschool this week {no that isn't a typo}. We have had a great but busy week at home! These pictures are from Simms' preschool trip caroling around town, mailing their letters to Santa at the post office {so precious} and her program last Thursday night. It was adorable. I seriously tear up every time she performs.

Christmas Caroling



Simms was so happy to sing to Mary Margaret. She was so excited Sissy and Mae Mae just happened to be shopping at her first stop.

Riding in the church van like a big girl


Mailing her letter to Santa



Program Night



Simms brought home some new favorite ornaments for our tree




Simms and I have really enjoyed this Advent activity this year. It has helped make the story of the Nativity so understandable for her. I have LOVED doing it everyday with her, and I feel like she has learned so much from it {EXCEPT she still insists the 3 wise men brought baby Jesus 2 gifts-ha}. Each day has a story and then a sticker that corresponds with it.

I have also really enjoyed hanging our Christmas cards up this year {although I'm still waiting on a few from some of you-kidding, kidding}


And..this sweet, precious little boy of ours is turning ONE in 9 days. I can hardly handle it. He should still be this size..


But he isn't..He's 25lbs..And adorable..And oh how I love him! Ok...
I'll be back after Christmas/before Cope's birthday {I hope}. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

The Howell's said...

Merry Christmas! You'll have to wait for a New Years card from us, I'm slacking! haha! I didn't get it together in time to send Christmas cards. Simms is beautiful as always and it's hard to believe that Cope is almost ONE! wow!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's about to be 1! Simms looks adorable as always! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Denise said...

man how time flies!! crazy that Cope will be one so soon. I love the ornaments Simms made. Definitely praying for your friends. That is so scary.

Erin said...

prayers for the Hinsons & MERRY CHRISTMAS to yall!