Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Round 2 & Round 900 {or so it seems}

ROUND 2....
of surgery looming over this baby boy. Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Apparently his right tube is being blocked by dried blood {yuck, I know} and that tube isn't working at all.

We spent the morning at Cope's ENT. This is him walking around the exam room. His doctor gave us the game plan. Continue flushing his ear with hydrogen peroxide for 2 weeks {we've already been doing this for 2 weeks but it hasn't done what it was supposed to do} and let the peroxide try to move the dried blood out. He seems to think if we do it 3x a day {instead of 2} and do a little more solution than we were doing, it will work itself out. If not, then round 2 of tube surgery. And I am not happy about that. Oh, AND his ENT {whom we love} said this only happens with his cases about ONCE A YEAR.

ROUND 900
with colds around here. I promise you it seems like my 2 children have been sick since August. They both have yucky nasty noses right now. The kind that I wipe all the time.

No fevers. Just stuffy noses that make for poor naps and a pitiful night's sleep.

The fresh air and gorgeous weather have been good for them. And me too. Simms did go to school today and her teachers said she acted completely like herself which made me feel better. I HATE when they are sick. Like I tend to get obsessive about it and worry and worry, and look up symptoms on the Internet, which is NEVER good {and drive Dru NUTS}. I know how sinful that is, and I am working on it, but I'm just an anxious worrier, it's as simple as that.

The meds that I pull out when these colds creep back into our lives makes them both drowsy. So after we played outside for a while today, they were both tired. And now Cope is sleeping and Simms is snacking. And I have a big ole' styrofoam cup of sweet tea, a bag of peanut butter M&Ms, and some fun magazines that came in the mail today.{And now Simms is asking to go back out. I think she's feeling much better today}.
I'll update about Cope's ears after that next appointment March 10! Prayers that the tube looks good next time, please!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I will pray that you get the tube issue resolved without surgery again... no fun.

Round 900 here too. Runny noses never end, especially for Adeline. I'm sick of it too!! Cute kids though, snot and all.

Wilson's Winners said...

bless them. we've been snotty forever too - no fun. ready for summer!

Anonymous said...

I hope the hydrogen peroxide works. I can't imagine how hard that is and I'm sure another surgery would be so hard on both of you.

I am AWFUL about googling cold symptoms too! I know I shouldn't do it but I am awful about it. Hope they get to feeling better.