Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We had a holly, jolly Christmas!

Our Christmas was truly wonderful! We started the celebration on Christmas Eve eve having Christmas with Minnie, Ninnie, the Kirks, Uncle Miles and Aunt Katy and my great-grandmother Evans. I hosted again this year, so for me, that meant not taking pictures as I just didn't even think about it till after the night was over! Boo! But it was lots of fun. We had good food and lots of laughs and a wonderful time opening gifts. It is so much fun to watch those 4 cousins together.


Christmas Eve morning Dru, Simms and Minnie delivered gifts for our church's operation empty stocking. I am so glad Simms was able to be a part of that and I know it touched her little heart. I can't wait to do that as a family next year. Unfortunately due to the time, our family didn't make it to the Christmas Eve service and communion, which I just hated, but I know next year Cope will be a little more flexible with his schedule! Christmas Eve was spent at my Meme and Grandaddy's house. 29 years and counting for this Christmas Eve tradition {and Meme and Grandaddy had just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. How amazing!} Santa even made a stop by the house before dinner. Once again I didn't get many pictures, but here are a few..




Before we left for Meme's we put out our reindeer food and Santa's milk and cookies which Simms and I made that afternoon. We went ahead and did this in case the kids feel asleep on the way home, which they did. Simms also made sure we left our mantle lit up so that Santa could see.





Christmas morning we awoke to this..Santa Claus had visited our house and we had two excited children in our house!




That Santa Claus! He knew how much Cope loved wheels, trains and cars!




And that Simms loves all things food and doll related, and that ALL she wanted was a cash register!




They were such excited little children! It was precious and fun to watch them look at each others things. Simms would say, "Look Cope. I told Pixel to tell Santa to make you a train table. And he did!"









After dropping by my Grandmother Evans' house to see my aunts, uncles and cousins {we didn't think we'd still be in town when they started lunch} we headed to the lake to celebrate with Dru's parents and the rest of the family. We had a great time. Ate great food and I promise I ate no less than 20 of Becca's sugar cookies. I am not joking. I had them for breakfast both mornings we were there. The cousins had so much fun together, and we had lots of time to love on baby Emiline. We had an impromptu birthday party for Cope our last night at the lake so he could celebrate with the Allgoods.







Cope's party, complete with cupcakes made by Simms {and Aunt Becca}..I can assure you Simms did the sprinkles, not Becca. If you had only seen the kitchen when she was done. Not to mention she used the ENTIRE bottle of sprinkles! But he loved them!





Opening his gift from Lilla, Emiline, Aunt Becca & Uncle Gee and then modeling them the next day..





And playing with his birthday present from Gigi and Papa..





We had a very blessed Christmas, spent with both of our families that we love so much, and who were so generous to us. We are thankful for this season and what it means, and I am so glad Simms "got" it this year and I look forward to Cope understanding a little better next year! And speaking of Cope, he is 2 days away from turning 2. I cannot believe it! Until next time..

1 comment:

Caroline Armstrong said...

I have not been bloging for lots of different reasons but SO FUN to catch up on yours!!!! Your beautiful children and looks like you had a fabulous Christmas season!
xoxo