Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Carnival Day at School


Simms' last few days of school are this week! She is actually going all 4 days since it is the last week. They have been doing fun activities each day, and today was CARNIVAL DAY! She was so excited before bed last night. All she could talk about was getting snow cones and popcorn today! Now don't let these pictures fool you. Our daughter is by no means a morning person!
I did my best trying to get some pictures anyway.
This picture cracks me up. Apparently Cope didn't appreciate Simms shoving that bottle into his mouth. Check out that face!

And the little stinker-when I was looking back through my camera before I dropped her off this morning, I noticed she had snatched my bracelet off of our bathroom counter and was wearing it! So glad I saw it before I left her at school!
At school each child has a symbol. Simms' is a balloon. It helps them to learn to recognize their name and letters of their name. Simms was telling me, "Get on your symbol Mommy." Bossy, bossy!

This pre-school has been so wonderful for Simms. She has really come out of her shell so to speak. At their end of the year program the other night (camera died before it started. So sad.) she was just loving performing her songs in front of the entire church.

Ready to go!

It has been such a blessing to take her to our church these few mornings each week. Her teachers are wonderful, and they came into the picture at just the right time for us! She has learned a lot academically and socially!

Finally!


Cope was happy to sit back in his pink seat and let Simms be in the spotlight!

I don't think I need to remind you all what we were going through with Simms when Cope was first born! Knowing they love her like they do has helped me so much! We can't wait for the fall!

Simms can't wait to give her teachers their gifts!

She had so much fun today and she is STILL napping!
And a funny story. When Dru found out that they were having snow cones, he told me to send her in something that I didn't mind getting stained. I said to him that Simms wasn't going to eat a snow cone anyway, because she is such a picky child. Dru said, no she is my child. I love ice and snow cones. She will get one. Well, her teachers said when they asked her what color she wanted, she said no color! She got just plain ice in hers! So, Dru and I were both right!

3 comments:

Denise said...

so fun... MSN really misses her school... luckily we will be headed back to it in the fall since we are moving back. the snow cone story is so funny... and I love her outfit, as always.

Lauren said...

I love her outfit! I'm so glad she loves going to school. You're lucky she only wanted ice for a snowcone. My kinda child!

Anonymous said...

She always has on the cutest outfits Margaret! I love all of them and her bows!