Thursday, March 10, 2011

Plantin' Time & Frustrated

Well..Simms and Dru did it! They got their garden planted. They are starting out with sweet onions and red potatoes. Simms has been so excited about this! She has been wanting to do a garden for a while {she loves Dirt Girl, the show on Sprout} but she still doesn't get the concept of us eating what we grow. She tells me over and over that I can't pick the onions to eat. Oh well. I'll keep explaining that I guess. This garden has taken a few days, as the tiller was having fits, so although the weather was nice when we started the other night, it wasn't so nice tonight as they finished up with potatoes {seriously, I am ready for the cold to go away and stay away till next year}. They will add to it as it becomes the "right time" to plant other things. I am most looking forward to onions and cucumbers!

real excited about her onions

tillin' up the land {dru was about to kill me at this point ;-)}

simms had gotten her shovels ready earlier, although she never used them. and please notice the OCDness of how they are lined up. wonder where that comes from?

sweet memories for them {and an even sweeter daddy with lots of patience. she tried to dig up every plant}

helping daddy with the tiller when it decided to be irritating

and tonight as we planted our potatoes..yes, a jacket and hood. you can tell simms hadn't been out all day. she gave up gardening for teeter-tottering.

And a little frustrated..
because Cope is indeed going to have to have his tube replaced. This Monday at 6:30 AM. And be put to sleep again. In the hospital again. And I do realize it is so, so minor compared to what some sweet children are going through. But, he's my baby and I just feel SO, SO bad that this has happened. And to top it all off, he has an ear infection in that right ear. So guess what? He is on Augmentin. Why did we originally decide on the surgery? Because we didn't want Cope living on antibiotics. And now he's on another one. I have prayed ALOT today because I was just so mad, frustrated and sad that that blasted tube never worked. But I realized that was doing absolutely no good. So I have decided to just look at it as a positive thing, and once its done, then Cope WILL indeed benefit from tubes. So please pray for him and us as we do this yet again.

here is how cope feels about all of this:


And this made me laugh as I stumbled to bed last night. Barbara mid-diaper change. I guess Simms got busy with some other baby. And I guess I need to have the talk with her again about leaving Cope's diapers alone.


We are off to Montgomery for the weekend for the Rodeo and to watch Dr. Donny's moves. We can't wait for that!

5 comments:

The Howell's said...

I absolutely LOVE this post! So so sweet to see them out there planting their garden together. Well I love it until you get to the part about Cope. Poor baby. We'll be praying for him...and you. Can't wait to see pictures from the rodeo and Dr. Donny's dancing!

Jessica said...

Poor Baby Cope! Praying for him and all of you.
I love the Barbara picture. How funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm so so sorry he has to have surgery again. I can't imagine how scary that is having your child put to sleep. You all will be in my prayers on Monday

Denise said...

I would be very frustrated too! Poor Cope. Mary Selwyn is jealous of all the planting Dru and Simms were doing. We haven't been home a single weekend to plant any flowers and she is dying to get it done! (:

Abby Euten said...

This entire post cracked me up (well, not the ear part...poor baby!) Our families are SO similar, wish we lived closer:)