Monday, October 3, 2011

Ponies at Preschool & 21 months

Simms' preschool had a fun morning riding ponies, making their own trail mix and smores, playing with baby goats and learning to rope {simms tried acting like a pro with that one}. It was all so cute.



ready to go in her western attire




and so was I and Simms really wanted a picture of us




after dropping cope off with my mom, I went back to the preschool and was able to see simms in action singing her songs




and Bennett too. He was so kind as to give me a thumbs up




she was loving this




and so was he, as he is a roper in training {he wants Dru to teach him to rope so he can be in the Lil' Boots rodeo in Montgomery..adorable}




can't believe she will be 4 in less than a month




each student had a poster..now if only I could get that reward money




the snack table where they made their own trail mix in their own cute personalized jars, made smores and could drink cactus juice




Simms, Addison and Bennett..these 3 love each other




running to ride the ponies




and having so much fun




strangely I think she feels more comfortable on a big horse and not a pony




playing teacher's pet and having snacks with her teacher :)




another fun morning at preschool

21 months
My sweet baby is 21 months old as of Friday. I can't believe he is so close to turning 2. With the exception of his speech, he seems less and less of a baby everytime I think about it. I am getting just as frustrated as he is with his speech. Frustrated for him, not at him. He wants so badly for us to understand him..we just can't. Except for a handful of words. He even has the tunes to nursery rhymes down, and gets the tune right, but with his own version of the words. I truly believe it is what is fueling the aggression that we've seen increase with him. I actually got an email from babycenter the other day about toddler aggression, and one of the main causes is wanting to communicate, but not being able to. Breaks my heart. We will evaluate all of that at his next checkup though. He is otherwise a healthy, happy boy, so I don't want to worry too much over this!




big boy!

I think back over the past 21 months of my life as his mommy, and just get overcome with emotion. I have some hard, hard moments as his mommy that can involve tears or letting my fuse get too short as I try to figure out what he wants or is saying..but it is all worth it.




typical of him..lining cars up

I am still learning to parent him just as he is learning to be a toddler. It's hard. But I am so grateful for him. And I know his daddy and sister are too! Our days together are so precious to me. I am so glad I get to spend all day, everyday with him!

And just so I don't forget what his dimply hands and feet look like once they lose that baby fat..



Love this sweet boy so very much!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Simms in her boots is adorable! What a cute idea for the school to do a western day! And I would gladly turn Sipsey in for that reward money! :)
Cope is a doll as always!

The Howell's said...

This is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! how much fun!!

Erin said...

what a cute little cowgirl and fun day!!!!!! cope is pretty cute himself!