The Goodwin house is decorated for Christmas and oh how I love it! There is something about turning the tree on at 7 when I rise that excites me all day!
Scenes from outside..
Scenes from outside..


We got new bows for our wreaths this year and a new front door wreath! Thanks Mrs. Lil! Our old bows were 6 years old and faded!
This sweet boy wanted me back inside when I was taking pictures!
Scenes from inside...
Our tree, with the glowing dollar store angel..she's a funny joke between me and Dru but Simms loves that she glows, and I do love an angel atop a tree. All of my glass ornaments are at the top, and while Cope hasn't been that bad with the tree, he is definitely tempted each day to touch it. I think, no, I know, that I would cry if some of my special ornaments broke, so I get very nervous seeing him run in there.
Stockings are hung..
Our advent devotion and candle lighting is something we enjoy doing each night..and that is all that is going to be on our table this year. I know better than to set out my Christmas china at this rowdy stage of Cope's life!
Simms and I (and sometimes Cope) have fun every afternoon counting down the days till Christmas by filling in Santa's beard..cute idea from Sissy..we have/had 25 cotton balls in a cup and glue one on each day..
Christmas cards! I've gotten TWO announcing new babies on the way. What a blessing! I love checking the mail this time of year!
Tree for the playroom. I intended to get a tree for the floor. I opened the box and saw a tree in an urn..guess I should pay attention to the picture on the box (this was the day, however, that I put the box on the sidewalk at the store while I loaded both kids back in the car and drove off without the box..guess I was out of it. Probably a given)
Our elf has been out and about. Some mornings I'm scurrying to move him before Simms and Cope awake and some nights I actually remember and have time to be artistic and fun (if you can call it artistic)
Christmas Fun at Preschool
Simms' preschool had a fun, festive morning! They were supposed to walk to the post office, but due to cold, rainy weather, they rode the Baptist church van and mailed Christmas cards that they made. They were also given a fun tour of the post office and then we all headed to McDonalds for lunch and a birthday party for Jesus! It was so much fun. I LOVE her preschool. I LOVE her teachers. Have I mentioned that before? Probably..anyway, I cannot wait for our card to arrive! Simms will not tell me what it looks like!

Getting off the church van and walking in to the post office







It was a fun morning! This afternoon Whitney and I took 4 little ballerinas to rehearsal for their Christmas show Saturday. They aren't wearing costumes in this show, but Christmas pajamas. It is precious! And we also have a Christmas dinner to attend with lots of sweet friends and NO kids Saturday night, so we are looking forward to that! Be back with more pictures soon!

4 comments:
Your house looks so pretty! I love Christmas!! And Simms looks so old all of a sudden!
i have always loved your house. it is so pretty! that happy birthday jesus cake is so cute too. our elf is always a huge hit too. (: i haven't gotten any cards announcing pregnancies but a lot of mine have doubled as baby announcements....so fun. i can tell simms and cope are going to have a fun christmas.
Margaret, your house is beautiful! I love the picture of Simms looking over her shoulder and I love her coat! I have done many things similar to you driving off without the box. Sometimes I have to double-check myself to make sure I got the baby! Ahhhhh these kids make us crazy but they're worth it!
your house looks great! I hope to put wreaths on each window like that next year. That cake at the end is beautiful & looks yummy!
Post a Comment