Thursday, December 22, 2011

It was bound to happen..

Sickness in our house! We've gone almost the entire summer and fall without being sick, and then over the weekend I could see it creeping in. Simms was the first victim. Dru and I were determined to keep it away, so off we went to the pediatrician Monday, where Simms was diagnosed with mycoplasma {walking pneumonia} and we were given a prescription for Cope too just in case {it was filled a day later}.The good news is that they feel better, aren't contagious anymore, and are acting like themselves again. Tuesday they were like walking zombies due to one of the meds {which I've cut back to just a night dose instead of morning and night}. I kid you not, I would look at them and be like, "what is going on here? These are not my kids!" While the quiet, calm "zone" they were in was nice, it wasn't normal for them, and I didn't really like it! We've had a rainy, Christmasy week in which to get better though and I'm thankful for that! Now we are ready for Christmas with Minnie and Ninnie, Great Grandmother Evans, the Kirks and Uncle Miles and Aunt Katy tomorrow night!
My sweet little victims



This was really Cope's attitude about being sick, stuck in the house all week with a constant monsoon going on outside..Good thing for Christmas music all day and our Christmas trees on all day too {and a few trips through some drive-thrus for tea and cokes for me}

We made salt dough Cinnamon ornaments and I will say this...so many sites made it seem so easy..and I guess maybe it is if you are really "domestic" but it was harder than it looked for me..getting the dough just right, dealing with kids and flour {OK maybe that was just MY kids who had a difficult time not going crazy with the flour} but we did it anyway and ended up with a few ornaments..



this was the zombie day by the way..can you tell?






and we hung all of our ornaments on our playroom tree




One day as I washed dishes they wanted to play McDonald's and this was the "window" where I ordered and they took my order..at this point I really wanted to order something not offered on McDonald's beverage menu ;)




We've also made a gingerbread house..using a kit of course..






Here's to hoping for a healthy Christmas..and here is one boy hoping for a train table..I mean how good is he at improvising? Books as a bridge? Poor Dru..he's been at my parents since he got off work tonight {it's going on 10} being Santa's helper getting a head start on putting things together so we aren't up all night on Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Jessica Johnson said...

Glad they are feeling better! I have to agree with you, all the sites made the ornaments seem so easy to make. We made them this week also, and well...not so easy haha!

Erin said...

hope noone is sick for christmas! hope yall have a wonderful holiday!

Denise said...

pitiful... msn had pneumonia this year and it was so sad. hope it stays far, far away for y'all for Christmas!! enjoy!