Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Beautiful Weekend & A 13 Month Old!

We sure did enjoy the weather this weekend {as I'm sure any normal person did}! I cannot wait for Spring! We literally spent almost every hour that we were awake outside! After church today, Simms immediately began helping Dru wash our cars. The only thing she changed out of was her church shoes and tights. She threw her boots on with her dress, then out the door she went!

She moved on to "gardening" as she put it..


Then being silly..{I'm just glad she's laughing and smiling. After 10 days of being on Augmentin, which is apparently horrid tasting, she just hasn't been herself. She has agonized each day about when her next dose was coming. We finally finished it up yesterday. It's been sad. But also SUPER FRUSTRATING. Our naughty spoon made several appearances. I need to introduce y'all to him one day. He has been a great addition to disciplining our strong-willed little girl. As in all she has to do is see him and she straightens up. He's very rarely been put to use}

And what the heck..here is our naughty spoon. Couldn't leave y'all wondering about him:

She really wanted Cope to wake up and play. Next thing I knew I heard her on the monitor waking him up herself. It is his 13 month birthday, so why not?



Our 13 Month Old! I can't believe it.

I love this baby boy SO much.
There will be no list of what he's saying or eating. Because he's only saying Dada and still eating basically just formula and crackers. His pediatrician said to just accept he'd probably be a little delayed in speaking due to the total blockage behind his ear drums and not to force table foods on him for a few days after his surgery. Apparently all that blockage {that we pray has been fixed} makes it difficult to chew, so babies aren't interested in eating..just drinking. However, it has been almost one week since tubes, and we've already seen major improvements in his willingness to eat. Hopefully speech will take off now too. You know me..always comparing him to Simms at this age. And she was saying lots at 13 months!


He still has his beautiful blonde curls.

He loves walking! And is pretty good at it. He still falls a lot, but he'd much rather be walking now than crawling!

He is so happy {and strong as an ox. As I was typing this, I heard a thud..He'd flipped himself out of the exersaucer. I never had to worry about Simms doing things like that}

Looks nothing like his sister at 13 months. It amazes me. It also amazes me how neither one of them look like me. Bennett and Mary Margaret look just like me. So odd. Here is the proof of how different he and Simms look..


Happy 13 months sweet Cope!
{And thank goodness for spell check. My word. It's always the same words that I misspell too!}

5 comments:

Denise said...

It was a beautiful weekend. We enjoyed it as well. I LOVE the boots with dresses. MSN has grown out of all of her church dresses I'm stressing! I'm hoping to replenish with my Orient Expressed party. Cope is a very sweet 13 month old. It is crazy to think he is that old. Why must they grow so fast, dang it! Kids make time go by 10x faster than before.

The Howell's said...

cute! cute! cute!

The Allgood Family said...

It is crazy how much Simms and lilla resemble each other in that old picture of her! Miss ya'll! Be on the look out for a little happy for the kiddos from aunt b!

Natalie said...

I don't know why but I love this post :) its like I can hear you saying it all. And coming from the opposite child order from you, I have to say the differences bw boys and girls is insane! Emory is waaaaay more socially developed than bennett was at a much older age. And don't worry, he was barely even babbling dada at one year and he had NO ear problems! Crazy. Now I can't keep him quiet for more than five seconds :)

Caroline Armstrong said...

we need a naughty spoon...great idea!