Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Babies & A Birthday Party

He is 16 months today!




{He looked really creepy when I tried to take the red-eye off..so he's a red-eyed 16 month old}

And..

She is 3 1/2 tomorrow! I cannot believe that. Really...it is hard to grasp!




And they are my heart. Both of them in equally different ways. I love them so. As I sat holding them in the smallest closet in our house {seriously, 4 ft x 4 ft with 4 of us and pillows} during those awful tornadoes the other night, I just prayed and prayed for their protection. And the Lord heard our prayers. Others around us weren't as lucky. We have total destruction just miles from our house. The roads we take everyday look like a bomb went off..and I guess it did. It is heartbreaking and sad and downright depressing. Houses totally demolished. You can literally see the path that it took. Please pray for these people, and the many others affected. It was a terrifying night here.



And to cheer things up a bit...we had a great time this afternoon at Mitchell's 1st birthday party/circus. He and Cope will be big buddies {already are} but I can just see them as little boys on our street...they live a few doors down and are only a few months apart! It was lots of fun, and Emilie, Mitchell's mom, did a fantastic job. She is that creative type that you kinda envy! She made everything.








Birthday Boy!









Simms had lots of fun with Mitchell in the play area designated for babies..whatever entertains her!





Then the human bulldozer arrived and wanted in..beware children





Sweet Hudson {I hate I didn't get a pic of his precious face}





Isn't she lovely? Sweet Mary Margaret {and could I please have that skin}
I'm so upset I didn't take pictures of all the precious kiddos and even more upset I didn't get a group shot!








Apparently green was the color of the day


{Emilie, Dru, Allen}
It was such a fun day. Happy Birthday Mitchell!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Iam so glad y'all are ok. Such devastation. I cannot imagine sitting with my three most precious blessings and having to go through that.

And...

Why are our babies growing up?

Jessica said...

So glad all of y'all are ok.

Random question- I think you mentioned you order the "personalized" smocked clothing off Etsy. Can you give me the name of the company or person? Thanks!

Erin said...

glad yall werent hit by the storms. i cant even imagine.
seems like with all those babies running around there is always a birthday coming up! fun celebrations.

Anonymous said...

seriously, could yo not find a picture where Mitchell doesn't look stoned?! haha!! so glad yall could come--you know I adore your little "wrecking ball"!! Almost as much as I love that little tattooed girl--a girl after my own heart who only likes the icing on the cakes!!