Simms is on "spring break" this week. She will tell you that too if you ask her why she didn't go to school today. Pretty hilarious and peculiar at the same time to hear my 3.5 year old say, "I'm on spring break." Anyway...we had nothing "fun" planned for the week {well, we are going to wild animal safari Friday} so last night my mind was racing as I tried to sleep {no more cherry coke at supper} and I was trying to come up with something fun for Simms to do today. Her best bud Bennett was headed to the Fernbank, so I knew I had to start playing something up as soon as Simms' feet hit the floor this morning. Rewind to the 80's: puffy paint and a t-shirt. I know you all did it too! Now I'm not creative, so we were just flying by the seat of our pants. I started her out and knew where it was headed when she said, "I want the biggest glitter shirt ever!"
And here is the final product in all of its glittery goodness
And she's already asking what day she can wear it to school..

5 comments:
Pretty awesome shirt ;) Can't wait to see a pic of her wearing it to school...hahaahahhaaa!!
so fun. think i'll be making a trip to hobby lobby in the very near future!!!!!! S would LOVE that.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is soooooooooo awesome!!!!!!! Did I ever tell you that Sophie saw that horrible princess shirt that Simms picked out for Target ages ago and wanted it too? I told her they didn't have her size and they were all too small. I know. I'm going to a bad place. Puffy paint was the greatest thing ever when we were kids. I'm proud of you for bringing it back.
What I still can't figure out is how you can still get cute clothes on her when she wants to wear things covered in glitter. Sophie actually wore a bow to school today and I wanted to shout to the mountain tops I was so excited!! She even spilled hot cocoa on her shirt, but you couldn't really see it and I was afraid if I changed it she would take the bow out. So she's wearing a dirty shirt, just so she will keep the bow in for 2 hours. Because I know it won't be on her head when I pick her up!
Dont you just wish we still had a Spring Break!!! Love the craft idea!!!
you are SUCH a good mommy. that is THE best glitter shirt EVER
Post a Comment