Our beautiful 4 year old, Martha Simms..Simms' actual birthday was Tuesday but I am just now able to update..
Our sweet girl woke up to us video taping her, some decorations & one tiny pancake {that is all she will eat} with 4 candles, and we'd saved a gift for her to open the morning of her birthday which was the fishing pole she's been asking for over and over...





I could hardly read her the card I'd written. My baby is 4..that is so hard to believe. Just like the day she was born, I was teary at times when I looked at her and thought back over the past 4 years. They've been incredible, happy, hard, trying, far from perfect, but 4 years where I wouldn't change a thing. 4 years that are a true blessing and gift from the Lord, and we are so thankful for them. Dru and I took her to preschool and I was able to go back for her "party" there while Daddy headed to TX for work..




Later that afternoon Simms got the best present ever if you ask her. She got to go and play dress up with Millie and Nora, our neighbors across the street. They'd gotten cupcakes for her and sang happy birthday, gave her a present and were just so sweet to her. She loves them and thinks they are just the best especially since they are older! Later that night Simms and I went out to eat, just the two of us, and came home and had her doggie cake! We ended the night by watching the videos from the day leading up to her birth, the night she was born, and all 4 of her birthdays!


We finished up birthday week with her 4 year checkup, which praise the Lord, was perfect. 40 % for weight and 49% for height...


Cope tagged along for his flu shot and enjoyed his first sucker..

Happy 4th Birthday, Simms! We love you so, so much.
**still coming, Halloween and Trunk or Treat..I'm too tired to do it all tonight**

3 comments:
How sweet and what a beautiful 4 year old she is!
Happy 4th Birthday to Simms! We were all just at AU together a few years ago and now we have 4 year olds! How did that happen?! Simms is a precious girl!
What sweet sweet post! How are they turning four??
Post a Comment