Friday, May 4, 2012

Dora, Horses & Fishing

Crazy title, huh? Life has been so jam-packed the past few weeks! We have been on the go non-stop but have enjoyed every minute. Ok, maybe not every minute, not even close. But we have had some fun! Our weeks have been busy and our weekends have too! And we are gearing up for an insanely busy week coming up! Simms has two dress rehearsals for her spring dance recital which is Saturday, and Friday evening is her preschool's end of the year program. It is a 50s sock hop theme and Sissy and I are in charge of the reception afterwards, which is a soda shoppe. At times I feel like we've bitten off more than we can chew, but things are coming together and everything is going to be so cute, if I do say so myself! So that is why I haven't blogged in forever, but I'm here to catch up, starting with Simms' preschool's visit to watch the local high school's drama department put on Dora Live (what a sentence). It was such a great play. I was very impressed, especially considering they do all of the props and costumes themselves!
Simms and her precious preschool class..
I had such a fun morning with my sweet girl..after the play we walked across the street with her class to our local delicious chicken place, Big Chic..they serenaded the workers with songs about chickens they'd learned at Easter. One of the creative moms had made all of the kids maps, like the map from Dora, to help them find their way to Big Chic, and their food was waiting for them in bags that looked like Back Pack. Have I mentioned the awesomeness of the Lime Light?? Not only do the teachers go above and beyond but so do the parents with their creativity, time and effort. I am so thankful Simms has been able to experience this preschool!

A few nights ago I had a meeting at church so I took Simms and Cope to the farm to meet Dru. He was thrilled because Simms is just so comfortable around the horses. Dru said she did such a good job riding. Cope was a little timid. He is my son, so I am not surprised.
Oddly, we were having a cold snap. She dressed herself. Hat and sunglasses were a must. She even crammed her feet into boots that are too small.
Simms and sweet Buddy..

And Fishing! Lots of fishing going on around here! Simms finally caught her first one all by herself a few weeks ago!


We had a fun night catching fish and frying them afterwards at the Waddell's pond and cabin. They have been so sweet to let us use the pond to take the kids fishing! The fish was delicious..so were the hush puppies!
Little Dru Goodwin..my sweet little boy.
He wanted to drive so badly!
Kiddos with the daddies..
Beautiful sunset..
Escaped child..go figure which one..
And there have been lots of Jeep rides lately. This was at a local historic covered bridge right down the road from our house. We even took the Jeep to Sunday school and church last Sunday. Dru was thrilled. I was freezing and we all looked wind blown when we arrived, but it was fun! And much warmer and more pleasant on the ride home! OK...got myself caught up and I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

The Howell's said...

Her preschool sounds amazing!! And AM would have loved the Dora show, how fun that a high school did that! It sounds like Simms and AM have a lot of the same interests! And I love adorable little Cope. And you got some beautiful pictures too!!

Erin said...

you are quite busy with so much going on but it all seems like alot of fun. i hope the recital and reception go well. look forward to seeing pictures!

Caroline Armstrong said...

I know how you feel, but knowing you....i am sure you managed it all flawlessly!!!!!
And I am way impressed the way Simms dressed herself....matching!!!!! That is something I am NOT use to in this household:)
always love your pictures and posts!