Daddy for the first time with his little girl-November 1, 2007.

Proud daddy for the second time with his little boy-December 30, 2009.

Cope had lots of smiles for Daddy before church!
We headed to the lake Friday afternoon until Saturday night. We had to be back for VBS kickoff this morning (I can't believe Simms is going. She's growing up FAST). We had a great dinner out Friday night with Dru's parents and Taylor. Dru, Simms and I went on a fun jet-ski ride Saturday morning, then we all went on a nice, long boat ride! We'd gone back to the house to get the tube for Dru and Simms, and a storm came up out of nowhere! It didn't blow over either, or just last a few minutes! It was a BAD storm, and continued most of the day! We met the Huddlestons at Oskars for dinner Saturday night and drove on back. We are so lucky to be so close to the lake!
It was a quick, but fun weekend and we can't wait to go back Friday!

Before leaving Friday. I had to put this on here because this is Cope in a 12 MONTH outfit! He is pretty much wearing all 12 month clothes now!

Ready for the water! She couldn't wait to get to the lake and find this Mickey Mouse life jacket that I'm sure was Dru's it's so old. She'd seen it Memorial Day weekend and wanted it on right away!


Cope and Simms laying on the blanket that was made by Mrs. Lil's grandmother, so their great-great grandmother. How special! It is so soft too!

Simms playing with one of Dru's old toys. Remember those things? And check out the cute seat she's sitting on. Mrs. Lil bought the cutest table and chair set for the lake for Simms and Lilla!

Simms and Papa

Living the good life!

Getting sleepy!

Enjoying a nap on the boat with Gigi!

Cope and Papa. Don't Dru and his dad look just alike? I mean I'd swear that was Dru holding Cope!

Simms developed an interest in the exersaucer! Notice her haircut? Her daddy gave her this new bob! We were aiming for a little above the shoulders, but one move by her and it ended up chin-length! We love it!

Merrill, Cope and Simms at Oskars.

Simms LOVES Merrill!

1 comment:
Cute pictures and I love Simms' hair! I've been meaning to write back but this is the only way I have to get in touch with you. We aren't doing and "official" bday party at the lake but will have cupcakes and party hats for whoever comes. Regardless, we would LOVE to see all of you. I hope the weather is better for the 4th than it was for Memorial Day. Becca's got our house number, y'all give us a call!
Post a Comment