
Dear Cope,
You are 6 months old today! Its hard to believe it was half a year ago that we looked into those blue eyes of yours for the first time. It still melts my heart each time. The past 6 months can be summed up by saying they have been full of joy. You have added so much to this family. We love you deeply and I am so very thankful to be experiencing this love between a mama and her son. It is a strong, sweet love. You are a precious baby boy. Full of rolls, giggles and adorable snorts.

Dimply hands.

Fat feet.

Sparkly blue eyes and blonde hair.

A gummy smile with 2 precious teeth that have bothered you quite a bit.
Loving your sister so much and your daddy too! Selfishly I love that you mostly prefer me though! The days are just passing us by. I cannot believe how fast 6 months have gone by. We love you Bubby!

Dear Simms,
2 years and 8 months tomorrow. Thank you for being the little girl that you are. I will definitely say this year since you've been 2 has been a hard one for us. There were lots of changes in your little life and I don't know that I always did my best in preparing you for them, but we've turned the corner! You love being a big sister. This one took a while. You are very independent.

We are starting to see a sensitive side in you that we haven't seen before. It breaks my heart to see you poke that lip out when your feelings have been hurt. You went to VBS this year. That was kinda hard for me- it was a true example of how fast you are growing up. You help me out so much. You are full of imagination and your newest thing is wanting to play mommy and Simms. I'm of course Simms and you are mommy. We play this a lot. When you say "Amen" after the blessing or your prayers, daddy and I have started noticing you are saying "all the men."

You love to draw. We cover the table in drawing paper now so that you always have a place to go to when you feel like drawing. Your first masterpiece {in your mama's opinion} was a strawberry:

You don't like to give lots of kisses, and when we kiss you usually wipe it off and say, "no. Just a little bits." These "little bits" are you putting our face in your hands and giving us an ever so soft kiss on each side of our cheeks.

I don't ever want to forget that you do that. Its precious. We love you Simms.

No comments:
Post a Comment